The grapes were de-stemmed and partially crushed. Fermentation took place with selected yeast strains in open top fermenters, with twice daily plunging. After a period of post fermentation maceration, the wine was pressed and transferred to oak for malolactic fermentation. The wine was racked three times for clarification prior to a light egg white fining.
- Oak Treatment: 30% New French, balance Seasoned French.
- APPEARANCE : Bright vibrant purple.
- BOUQUET : Attractive ripe plum and spice with hints of cassis and underlying wild herbs.
- PALATE : Dense and complex with bold ripe flavours and fine grained tannins.
- CELLARING : Drink now or suitable for cellaring up to 5 years.