The 2012 harvest was lower than previous harvests but still with the exceptional flavours that we come to expect from McLaren Vale. With warm days and cool nights the grapes ripened slowly developing full rich concentrated flavours.
- The grapes were picked, crushed and destemmed and inital fermentation happened on the skins creating the deep red colour.
- The malolactic fermentation occured with specific yeast strains in barrel to develop soft sweet spice flavours giving the wine a rounder fuller mouth feel.
- The VNO Shiraz is aged in a combination of French and American Oak barrels for 12 months.
- Aromas of blackberry, spice and plum are just what you would hope from the deep red purple colour this wine presents.
- A rich palate of concentrated ripe fruit, nice round tannins, some spice, good length and lingering finish.
- Enjoy it now or it would cellar nicely for up to 3 years.
- Enjoy with freshly hunted venison or a nice piece of steak.