The season provided an excellent starting point, and the resulting wine is a clear indication as to why the Tyrrell family love the Heathcote region.
- Appearance: Deep rich red to crimson in colour, indicates the intensity of this wine.
- Nose: The nose is full of ripe plum and dark cherries with a hint of white pepper and sweet vanillin.
- Palate: The flavours carry onto the palate which is full of big soft fruit, but balanced by an elegant oak structure and natural acid, resulting in a rich wine with a complex and fresh structure.
- Food: The intense, berry fruit flavours and mouth-filling appeal of this rich red wine makes it a fine accompaniment for lamb, beef and game dishes
- Cellaring: This wine is excellent drinking now and will cellar for up to six years
- Alcohol: 14.0%