The 2013 is a single vineyard wine off CR’s Tuki Tuki Estate, originally established by McDonald himself. Hand harvesting, whole bunch pressing and wild fermentation deliver a full bodied but finely textured wine with exquisite floral- and mineral-tinged notes of peach and hazelnut.
- This wine was fermented and then matured in 100% French oak barriques, 38% new and the balance second fill.
- The total time in barrel was 11 months.
Aroma and Palate:
- Fragrant peach fruit and lifted citrus blossom aromas are enhanced by complexities of roasted nuts, oatmeal, subtle toasted sourdough and a hint of gunflint.
- On the palate, the wine is full and concentrated with a textural length, balanced acidity and a gravelly feel that ensures the overall profile of the wine is one of elegance as well as power.
- TOM Chardonnay will evolve to become increasingly textural and complex with age and the expected cellaring potential is six years or more from the vintage date.