- The grapes are from Three Miners’ vineyards McPherson Road and Earnscleugh Road in Central Otago. The vineyards are situated on south facing slopes to get as much sun as possible and minimize the risk of frost. The soil is stony and earthy. This is the world’s most southerly situated wine region.
- The pinot grapes were picked into 17 distinct lots and fermented separately in open top steel tanks.
- Only the best five lots were then selected.
- Maceration for a total of 25 days to extract structure, color and finesse.
- The wine was then aged for 10 months in French oak barrels.
- A dark, spicy, aromatic scent with blackberry and mocha.
- Silky texture with good concentration and nice length.
- Goes well with robust meat dishes.
Can be stored for up to 10 years.