- This wine was fermented in 100% tight-grained French oak barrels from a number of selected coopers, of which about 1/3 was new wood, 1/3 was one-year-old wood, and 1/3 was older wood.
Aroma and Palate:
- Jersey caramel notes and toasty oak influences mingle with the peaches and cream, and stone fruit flavours on the palate.
- Hints of citrus and lime zest coupled with subtle spicey notes lead to a restrained flinty mineral finish.
Cellaring and Food Matching:
- This wine is best enjoyed whilst it is young and exuberant, or could be cellared over the next three years.
- Serve slightly chilled on its own or with the freshest white fish or shellfish you can find.
- It is fabulous with grilled crayfish coated with a simple lime butter sauce, smoked salmon bruschetta, pesto chicken or garlic shrimp.