The grapes were machine harvested. One lot was crushed to a 'Tippy Tank' where the grapes were cold soaked overnight on skins to extract colour and flavour, the other lot was crushed directly to a Bag press. The must was then gently pressed and the juice settled for 24 hours. The clean juice was then racked and fermented at cool temperatures using aromatic yeast to retain the varietal essence of the Pinot Noir grape.
Aroma and Palate
- This wine displays an abundance of red cherry, strawberry and raspberry notes.
- Lifted strawberries and delicate raspberry aromas lead to red cherries and cranberry flavours.
- The palate is intense and elegant complemented by a crisp and fresh acidity.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- This wine is best enjoyed within two to three years of vintage to capture the freshness of the fruit characters.
- The Stoneleigh Rosé will be a perfect match with seafood, raw and lightly cooked shellfish and grilled fish or accompanying mezze platters.