Stoneleigh Marlborough Pinot Noir 13.5%, 750ml
The grapes were destemmed then cold soaked for three to five days prior to fermentation. Fermentation was carried out in a combination of open-top and closed-top fermenters. A mixture of wild and cultured yeast strains were used to express the essence of this unique terroir. The wine was drained off skins to barrel and underwent malolactic fermentation. At the end of fermentation the wine was left to mature in barrel.
Aroma and Palate
- This wine has a deep, ruby red hue and a fragrant bouquet of blackberry, and dark cherry overlaid with integrated oak spice.
- The palate shows ripe, dark berry fruit and cherry flavours with lingering fruit sweetness.
- Tannins are soft and supple, making the wine immediately approachable.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- This wine is best enjoyed with succulent red meat dishes, such as spring lamb, duck, veal or game.
- Dishes featuring mushrooms or red berry fruits will also complement this Pinot Noir beautifully.
- This wine is designed for immediate enjoyment but will reward patient cellaring of up to five years.