Vintage conditions were excellent once again, with the Stoneleigh Chardonnay fruit reaching its full potential. The wine is showing great fruit intensity and subtle integrated oak nuances. This is another solid Stoneleigh Marlborough Chardonnay.
Aroma and Palate:
- The wine is lemon straw in color.
- The nose has vibrant fruit intensity, with white fleshed nectarine, peaches and cream and subtle toasty oak aromas.
- There are also nuances of roasted-almond and subtle caramel toffee notes and an underlying ripe citrus backbone, all bound together with well-structured, and well-integrated layering of oak complexity.
- The palate shows textural weight and balance with a soft, creamy finish.
Cellaring and Food Matching:
- This wine is best enjoyed while it is young to capture its vibrant fruit expression, but can also be successfully cellared for three years from release.
- Serve lightly chilled on its own or as an accompaniment to a wide range of dishes including white meat, poultry, pasta and fresh seafood.