A good season has supplied us with some great fruit for this Pinot Gris, and all we have done is allowed the fruit to express itself – which it has. We stopped the ferment a little early to retain some natural sweetness to balance the acidity and have come up with a rich, moorish wine.
Aroma and Palate:
- This wine displays ripe tropical fruit notes with honeydew melon, pear and honeysuckle laced with subtle spicy notes.
- The palate has intense tropical fruit flavours and a warm richness, with fresh citrus, and grapefruit acidity on the finish.
Cellaring and Food Matching:
- This wine is best enjoyed young or could be cellared over the next two years if bottle development characters are desired.
- Serve slightly chilled on its own or with delicate white meat, pasta or seafood dishes.
- This is an excellent aperitif.