It is the most famous variety of Casillero del Diablo. Its 2005 Vintage was awarded by Decanter as the best of the planet. It owns an intense cherry and plum bouquet, with vanilla and toast finishes. Is one of the red varieties with full wine in mouth, elegant and ideal to match beef in pepper sauce.
- Origin: Central Valley
- Soil: Riverbench, benchland and hillside associated soils
- Aging: Aged in small American oak barrels during 9 months
- Color: Red and intense red ruby
- Aroma: Gorgeous and lovely bright cherry, blackcurrant and dark plum with toasted oak
- Taste: Medium bodied with silky tannins and long, ripe fruit and berry aftertaste, with impressive balance of fruit and polished tannins
- Food Pairing: Red meats, spicy dishes and ripe cheeses such as Gruyere or blue cheese