Ships within 3-5 working days
- Barrel fermented in French and Hungarian oak.
- The new oak contribution was 25% of the blend.
- Barrels are selected on their ability to add structure and savoury complexity to the wine, rather than appearing obviously woody.
- Hungarian oak is the same species as French oak, and is grown in cool climate and poor soils producing fine grained oak of very high quality.
- After fermentation, the wines remained in the barrels for a total of six months.
Aroma and Palate:
- This is an immensely complex, layered wine with stonefruit, citrus, citrus flower, mineral, ripe melon, fig and hazelnut all overlaid with a mealy complexity from yeast lees contact and savoury, integrated oak.
- The palate is full but elegant, with a seam of minerality that adds length and balance.