Brancott Special Reserve Marlborough Sauvignon Gris 13.9%, 750ml
The grapes harvested for this wine were gently bag pressed off to achieve fresh, clear, elegant juice. The juice was then fermented slowly at cool temperatures to retain the very distinctive regional and varietal characters.
- No oak was used on this wine.
Aroma and Palate
- This wine is pale straw in colour with green highlights.
- On the nose it balances sweet blanched pear with fresh cut grass and lifted fragrant citrus fl ower with a fl inty complexity.
- On the palate this wine abounds with lush poached pear fl avours supported with ripe pink grapefruit notes.
- A mouth-fi lling breadth in the mid palate leads seamlessly into a cleansing acid zing on the fi nish holding the fl avours and giving length.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- This wine can be matched with grilled oysters, barbecued prawns or salmon and poached white fi sh with fresh green salads containing parsley, pepper or lemon.
- Mediterranean and Turkish dishes with hummus, olives and feta will also match well.
- Though made to drink while young and vivacious, this wine may be cellared for up to three years to develop further complexity.