Brancott Special Reserve Marlborough Pinot Gris 14.5%, 750ml
The grapes were harvested from late March to early April 2013. The fruit was gently pressed before being split to a number of ferments in stainless steel tanks and large oak vessels with a variety of yeast types. Ferments were at cool temperatures to retain the very distinctive regional and varietal characters.
- No oak was used on this wine.
Aroma and Palate
- This Marlborough Pinot Gris is a straw colour, with a fruit salad of aromas including lush rock melon and nashi pear dominating initially.
- These are supplemented with a fresh citrus lift, floral elderflower and hints of musky complexity.
- Rich ripe pear flavours with melon and yellow plum notes overlay a toasty complexity adding layers of flavour on the palate.
- A tight citrus acidity supports the full fruit length.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- This wine is best enjoyed upon release but could be cellared over the next two to three years if more complexity is desired. Best served slightly chilled on its own, or with delicate white meat and seafood dishes.