Brancott Special Reserve Marlborough Fume Blanc 13.8%, 750ml
The grapes harvested for this wine were gently bag pressed off to achieve fresh, elegant juice. This is racked with some solids onto French oak and then fermented at moderate temperatures to enhance the smoky stone fruit aroma of this wine. After fermentation the wine sits on gross lees and oak for 4 months to integrate a textural toasty mouth filling creaminess.
- This wine was fermented with French Oak.
Aroma and Palate
- The wine is pale straw in colour with light yellow highlights.
- This wine has sweet, ripe nectarine and peach aromas, overlaid with a smoky vanillin perfume on the nose.
- The wine is mouth filling, with lovely peaches and cream flavours, tropical highlights, and harmoniously integrated smoky oak tannins.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- The distinctive characteristics of this Fume Blanc are amplified when accompanied with full-flavoured dishes such as goats cheese bruschetta with tomato, red onion, basil and balsamic dressing.
- This wine can be cellared for up to 3 years.