The grapes harvested for this wine were crushed and gently bag pressed to obtain a fresh, clear and elegant juice. The juice was settled and clarified to provide a clear juice for fermentation. It was then fermented slowly at cool temperatures to retain the very distinctive regional and varietal characters. After fermentation was complete each tank was evaluated and blended to make this Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
Aroma and Palate
- This wine is light straw in colour with green olive highlights.
- It has a beautiful sweet ripe fruit character reminiscent of white stone fruit and citrus blossom with a crisp nettle highlight.
- The wine is almost pungent in its intensity with full fruit flavours across the spectrum from ripe tropical fruit to lush pink grapefruit.
- A well-balanced wine showing the palate weight, sweet fruit flavours and the crisp acidity associated with this style.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- This wine can be matched with grilled oysters, barbecued prawns or salmon, or poached white fish with fresh green salads containing parsley, pepper or lemon.
- Mediterranean and Turkish dishes with hummus, olives and feta will also match well.
- Though made to drink while young and vivacious, this wine may be cellared for up to three years to develop further complexity.