Brancott Estate Riesling 750ml
The grapes were 100% machine-harvested around mid to late April 2011 and crushed directly to the press with minimum skin contact. The juice then underwent slow, cool fermentation to retain the very distinctive varietal character. Fermentation was stopped to leave a small amount of residual grape sugar in the wine.
Aroma and Palate
- This wine is light straw in colour with green olive highlights.
- The nose is very intense and floral with notes of tropical fruits and citrus blossom.
- On the palate, stone fruit and citrus flavours predominate with a mineral backbone.
- The wine is complemented by a small amount of natural sweetness, balanced by a clean, crisp acid finish.
- This off-dry style wine displays an attractive bouquet that will develop a rich, honey-like texture and toasty complexity with further bottle ageing.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- Discover Brancott Estate Waipara Riesling with veal in a fruit sauce