Brancott Estate Pinot Gris 13.5%, 187ml
The grapes were all harvested on April 5th and quickly transported to winery to minimise phenolic extraction. Following de-stemming and crushing, the grapes were gently bag pressed and the resulting juice cold settled for a period of 24 hours. The clear juice was racked and cool-fermented with a number of cultured yeast strains selected to retain the maximum amount of aromatics. Each ferment was then stop-fermented and used to give the finished blend the optimal balance of natural sweetness. The wine was left on light lees for two months, during which time it was stirred fortnightly to further enhance palate texture.
- No oak was used on this wine.
Aroma and Palate
- The wine presents aromas of pear, peach and nectarine with subtle spice notes.
- The palate is highly textured with a hint of sweetness and a fresh citrus acidity on the finish.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- The 2013 Brancott Estate Hawke’s Bay Pinot Gris is drinking beautifully from release, but could be aged for at least 3 years from the vintage year.
- This wine is very versatile with food and will suit a range of dishes including roasted chicken, seared scallops, pan-fried fish and lightly-spiced Asian cuisine.