Brancott Estate O Series Chardonnay 13.4%, 750ml
- 40% New French oak, the remainder an equal mix of one and two year old barriques.
Aroma and Palate
- The natural qualities of the vineyards have flowed into this wine that shows intense peach and citrus fruit aromas in harmony with nutty, toasty and vanillin characters from the careful use of oak.
- This intensity of character is also reflected in the palate with lovely, juicy flavours of peach and citrus supported by savoury oak.
- The palate structure shows creamy, textural and mealy qualities that are ideally balanced by a fresh acidity.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- With its concentrated fruit and balanced acidity, this wine has the potential to cellar for five to ten years with careful storage.
- It is ideally matched with chicken or veal dishes in rich cream-based sauces or grilled pork dishes with fresh tropical fruit salsa.