All efforts were made to handle this fruit as delicately as possible from harvest till the end of fermentation to ensure we preserved the aromatic characteristics of this Gewürtztraminer. Fermentation was carried out in stainless steel tanks at a low temperature and with yeast that would enhance the fruit characters of this wine.
- No oak was used on this wine.
Aroma and Palate
- The bouquet displays an abundance of aromatics, with lemon blossom, rose petal, Turkish delight and hints of spice that follow through to a rich, weighty and moreish palate.
- Underlying tropical and stone fruit characters adorn the palate, with melons, peaches and a lush, Nashi pear finish.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- Whilst harmonious to drink upon release, this wine has the richness and balance to cellar for about three years from release.
- This is a versatile wine, that can be matched with a variety of dishes such as teriyaki chicken, thai chicken and sweet and sour pork, as well as cheese such as Swiss and mild blue cheese.