Brancott Estate Flight 9% Riesling 750ml
The grapes were machine-harvested in early–mid April. The fruit then underwent a period of skin contact, without any sulphur additions, before crushing and gentle pressing. The juice then underwent slow, cool fermentation to retain the very distinctive varietal character using a variety of selected yeasts. Fermentation was stopped to leave an amount of residual grape sugar in the wine.
Aroma and Palate
- This wine displays an aromatic array starting with lime then cinnamon and ginger beer-like spice.
- This leads into a honeyed complexity with honeysuckle blossom highlights.
- The palate also displays citrus flavours along with those of white fleshed nectarine and further complex honey notes.
- The intense display of aromatics and flavour is balanced by juicy acidity to complete this wine.
Cellaring & food matching
- Beautifully drinkable upon release, this wine will develop honeyed complexity with some aging.
- The spice flavours in this wine will suit a variety of Asian cuisines such as sweet and sour dishes, spicy Thai chicken and pork, or Sushi and Sashimi.
- It will also work with less conventional options such as guacamole or creamy pasta dishes.