Brancott Estate F Series Pinot Gris 13.9%, 750ml
The grapes were harvested from late March to early April 2010. The biggest portion was hand harvested then gently pressed before being split with some to ferment in stainless steel tank and some in wooden cuves and oak puncheons. A later harvest portion was machine harvested before pressing and tank fermentation. Ferments were at cool temperatures to retain the very distinctive regional and varietal characters with the cuve ferment adding a degree of complexity to the mix.
- Oak cuve and puncheon fermentation occurs for a portion of the wine.
Aroma and Palate
- Aromas of pear and tropical rock melon are overlaid with a tantalising array of spices.
- Palate weight and complexity add depth, balancing the spicy fruit flavours with some textural creaminess rounding out the package.
- This wine presents wellbalanced fruit brightness and depth.
Cellaring and Food Matching
- This wine is best enjoyed upon release but could be cellared two to three years from release if more complexity is desired.
- Best served slightly chilled on its own, or with delicate white meat and seafood dishes.