The 2011 harvest in Central Otago was good for our aromatic whites sitting on the gravelly elevated terraces above our winery. The Harvest was three weeks earlier than usual and full of dramatic weather events that had us monitoring the Met Service web site with great intent, focus and with all the skill of any television weather presenter. The grapes ripened slowly with nice crisp, clean and bright aromatics.
- Aged on light fluffy lees with minimal sulphur addition until blending.
- This wine is about delicate expression of our site. Pure and refined aromatics while ensuring balance of residual sugar with the crisp acidity.
- Pale straw in colour.
- Aromatics of orange blossom, citrus fruit, lime sherbet and green apple.
- This wine is a quintessential expression of our site.
- The flinty minerality is always present and the wild ferments give us aromas of spring blossom.
- The palate is fresh, fluid and the residua l sugar is balanced with the vibrant acidity and minerality.
- The wine is very approachable now but will continue to reward with cellaring.