The grapes for Alluviale Blanc are grown on the free draining, elevated river terraces on the banks of the Ngaruroro River and one other selected site in the Bridge Pa Triangle district. 2012 vintage provided exceptional conditions to make a wine from ‘pourriture noble’. A timely infection period followed by warm weather concentrated the intense flavour and natural acidity of Sauvignon Blanc grapes. The grapes were harvested late May at 43 Brix.
- Anobli: French - "to be made noble or knighted"
- Color: Deep straw with a white gold hue.
- Bouquet: Complex and fragrant. Pink grapefruit, tangerine, quince and thyme combine with hints of marmalade, toasted hazelnut and brioche.
- Palate: A luscious, full palate showing complex flavours of marmalade, lemon oil, apricot leather, pear and passionfruit. French oak imparts subtle vanillin, peat and spice.
- General: A powerful, complex and fragrant wine combining apricot leather, quince and pink grapefruit flavours with toasted hazelnut and spicy oak. High natural acidity provides exceptional balance to the 175g/L of residual sugar. Made in traditional Sauternes style yet with a balance more akin to Coteaux du Layon and Jurancon.