Taylors Quinta De Vargellas Port 2008, 750ml
- Inky black with a vivid purple rim.
- Compact and stylish nose, with intense aromas of blackcurrant and wild berries tightly wrapped around a dark nucleus of liquorice and treacle.
- This dense backdrop is overlaid with subtle notes of tea, rose petal, thyme and exotic wood with an attractive grapey freshness emerging as the nose develops.
- As usual with Vargellas the nose shows exceptional purity and resolution but is seductive in its complexity.
- On the palate the tannins are beautifully integrated and deceptively subtle but their firm sinews become apparent on the long finish which is packed with intense black berry fruit flavour.